|Taken on the last day. Hence, Sak's crazy hair.|
- Registration. Smooth sailing as it was last year. The new system of QR code scanning and tons of printers is really working well for them. We picked up in a matter of minutes on Day 0 (Thursday night). Someday I'd like to be able to pick which badge design I get, like at Otakon, but it's really a trivial matter.
|Not reg, just a hall shot|
|not reg, but beginning of con when the pamphlet table was still somewhat orderly lol|
I found a few small things in Swap this year. Little Big Planet bookends and a mini sackboy plush for under $10 total, and a small CC figurine and Munna plushie for $3 each or so.
|The room keys are always so fancy, I guess I can see why they were limiting them this year.|
- Anime Hell/AMV Hell/Midnight Madness. Laugh out loud riot as usual. Always some of my favorite events. However, being pregnant put a damper on things, and I had to go to bed just as midnight madness was starting. Exhaustion ain't no joke. Sister was pissed, but I couldn't leave her there at con by herself, and none of the other "adults" wanted to stay and watch with her. We are all too old and crochetey. So sad. Next year, hopefully I'll find a bit more stamina.
- Dealer Hall. To be honest, I don't get much thrill out of dealer halls anymore. Most of the stuff I can find online, and I'm not convinced their convention pricing is the greatest. That said, we did get a nice big messenger bag to use as a diaper bag. Sak was not interested in toting around some of the standard feminine options at most baby stores, so an otaku bag was the way to go. Also, Sak bought me the Zelda heart necklace I've been fawning over since forever. It's so PRETTY. I'm considering this my early push present. Haha.
- Artist Alley. I was a lady on a mission this year. A mission for cute nursery art. With animals perferably. I spent a lot on prints, but ultimately got what I wanted (which I'll show someday when I ever finish the nursery..). Mostly Pokemon, since that seemed to be the "animal" of choice in the hall. Overall, the vibe from the AA was mostly prints (not as many crafts), a lot of Steven Universe (sister told me it'd be the "it" show this year), and a lot of custom "washi" tape (not actually washi material). The tape was a new thing to me. Someone must have found a supplier to do the custom tape, because many people sold it and it all looked to be the same size/quality. I liked the idea a lot though! I bought two rolls for about $5 each I think? The average hall price was $8 a roll. Which is pricey, but remember it is custom designed tape.
- Gaming Hall. Pretty much on par as year's past, at least from my weak gamer perspective. My sister got into magic the gathering this year, so she and a couple of our friends planned to enter a tournament. Unfortunately the staff member they asked gave them they wrong day for the particular tourney rule set they wanted to join, so they didn't participate. Next year hopefully! She got a few nice mats from swap meet in any case, and plenty of people to play magic with.
|Tabletop, arcade, console, handheld - all types of games in their respective sections!|
|And giant jenga. Of course.|
- Food. So our Fanime staple - Hydration (the bento/boba place), is GONE. LAMENT. Instead, it was replaced with a place called "Boba Bar". The drink selection was much smaller (and according to some, inferior). The food selection was also much smaller. No more grilled saba (mackeral) bento for me :( The one bright spot though - was the absolutely delicious pork belly rice bowl they had. So fatty and delicious though. Aside from pork bowls we had the usual Pita Pit, giant naan, breakfast burritos, and grilled onion hot dogs. Not a fan of all the litter that the hot dog carts left on the floor though :/
|There were little blue bun tabs everywhere.|
- Cosplay. Good I guess? Fanime always has pretty good cosplay. I was too tired to put anything together, unless this Kirby shirt counts lol. Only one person "got it", probably because I just looked like a rounder person in a frumpy shirt. I should have found a more form-fitting shirt I guess.
|Our Paw Paw helped her sew the dress, and the apron/bib thing is glued felt pieces.|
|She found the rest of the windwaker crew!|
|Love Charizard X's colors though!|
That was it for this year. No fun group cosplay :( Are we getting too old and tired and busy?! I hope not.
Anyway, here's some more hall shots of others. Unfortunately, I did not take too many :P
|Adventure time ladies|
|Foxy from Five Nights at Freddies. Have you played this?! Such a scary game!!|
|Girahim from Zelda. Love the pose!|
|a trio of Rilakkuma!|
|And this is my one piece dressed cousin, lol.|